Learn What’s New at the YMCA
Monday-Friday 6 am-8 pm,
Saturday 8 am-2 pm
Sunday 8 am-2 pm
Click here to see the Wellness Center, Pool and Group Exercise Class Schedule.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE COMING
Our reopening plan prioritizes the health and well-being of our members, staff and the communities we serve, taking into account CDC guidelines and the guidelines and recommendations of state and local government authorities. Below are major highlights:
- Mask Policy
Based on changes to the CDC guidance, as well as changes to New York State mandates, beginning Wednesday, March 2, the Canandaigua Family YMCA will no longer require masks. This means all members, regardless of age, will not be required to wear a mask in any space or program.
We understand that our members have different feelings related to their readiness for optional masking. We ask you to demonstrate the YMCA Core Values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility toward each other and our staff.
- Guest Passes are not permitted.
- Our participation in the Nationwide Reciprocity Program has been reinstated.
- All HVAC systems have been upgraded to have air filtration systems with a minimum efficiency reporting value (MERV) of MERV-13, or highest rating available compatible with their system, but no less than a MERV-11 rating.
- All equipment, locker rooms and restrooms will be cleaned with COVID-19 approved cleaners.
- Members will be asked to use provided cleaning supplies to clean equipment before and after each use.
YOUR FAVORITE PROGRAMS AND AREAS
WELLNESS CENTER, GROUP EXERCISE CLASSES AND GYMNASIUMS
- Cardio and Strength Training Areas are open.
- Registration remains in place for aquatics group exercise classes. Register for class here.
- Pick-up basketball is permitted.
- Pickleball is available. Please see our schedule for details.
CHILD CARE AREAS AND PROGRAMMING
- Child Watch is available to all Individual Parent and Family Memberships. More information, including hours, can be found here.
- Youth Sports programs are set to begin again in 2022.
POOLS AND OTHER AQUATIC SPACES
- Members must take a warm, soapy shower before entering pool area.
The Canandaigua Family YMCA is committed to maintaining a clean and safe environment utilizing products that meet EPA’s criteria. We have increased our already rigorous cleaning practices to include:
- Facility will be entirely cleaned and disinfected prior to opening and after closing each day.
- All staff will be trained in regards to how they can reduce the spread of COVID-19.
- All equipment will be cleaned throughout the day and before opening and after closing.
- This is in addition to members cleaning equipment before and after use, and Group Exercise instructors cleaning equipment.
- Enhanced cleaning protocol will focus on high-traffic, high-touch common areas.
- We will increase ventilation rates and increase the percentage of clean outdoor air that circulates.
Specifications of cleaning product names and details are available upon request.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
Our reopening can and will be successful with members and Y staff working together. In fact, we have created a new Community Conscious Member Pledge. In it, we are asking all members to behave in a responsible way by adhering to the following:
- If you are sick, stay home. If you have a temperature, stay home. If someone in your house is sick, stay home. If you have allergies and can’t control sneezing, stay home.
- Wipe down each piece of equipment you use before and after use and dispose of the wipe appropriately.
- Wash your hands with soap and water before and after you leave the building. If not possible, use hand sanitizer when you enter and before you leave the building.
- Use online and outdoor workout services where you can.
- Speak in a respectful tone while discussing social distancing or other concerns.
If members are not compliant with the new policies and protocols, they will be asked to leave the facility.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU
If you have any questions, please Contact Us.
We are continuing to evaluate our practices and will make necessary changes to ensure safety for everyone. We look forward to learning and growing with you as we navigate this new world. We hope to see you at the Y soon.