Learn What’s New at the YMCA
Our current hours are Monday-Friday 6 am-7:30 pm and 8 am-2 pm on Saturday. We are closed Sunday.
Click here to see the Wellness Center, Pool and Group Exercise Class Schedule.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE COMING
Our reopening plan prioritizes the health and well-being of our members, staff and the communities we serve, taking into account CDC guidelines and the guidelines and recommendations of state and local government authorities. Below are major highlights:
- Mask Policy: Due to the recent update from the CDC, an increase of COVID cases across our region, and the fact that Ontario County is now considered a “substantial” transmission area for COVID-19, the YMCA of Greater Rochester has amended our mask policy. Effective August 3:
- We strongly recommend all members of the YMCA, regardless of vaccination status, wear a mask.
- All children age 2 and older in youth facing programs — including Day Camp, Summer Quest, Power Scholars, youth sports, child care and child watch — will be required to wear a mask when indoors.
- All staff members in youth facing programs, regardless of their vaccination status, will be required to wear a mask at all times. This applies to programs held indoors and outdoors — including Day Camp, Summer Quest, Power Scholars, youth sports, child care and child watch.
We ask you to demonstrate the YMCA Core Values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility toward each other and our staff.
- The sauna will be reopening soon.
- Group exercise classes will increase capacity where able.
- Most equipment will be reopened for use in our Wellness Centers.
- All non-bottle water filling drinking fountains will be in use again soon.
- All HVAC systems will be upgraded to have air filtration systems with a minimum efficiency reporting value (MERV) of MERV-13, or highest rating available compatible with their system, but no less than a MERV-11 rating.
- All equipment, locker rooms and restrooms will be cleaned with COVID-19 approved cleaners.
- Members will be asked to use provided cleaning supplies to clean equipment before and after each use.
- Health screens are no longer required for facility access.
- Guest Passes are not be permitted.
- Our participation in the Nationwide Reciprocity Program has been reinstated.
YOUR FAVORITE PROGRAMS AND AREAS
WELLNESS CENTER, GROUP EXERCISE CLASSES AND GYMNASIUMS
- Cardio and Strength Training Areas are open .
- Registration remains in place for group exercise class registration. We will be adding more classes to our schedule and, where available, more spots in classes. Register for class here.
- Pick-up basketball is permitted.
- Pickleball is available. Please see our schedule for details.
CHILD CARE AREAS AND PROGRAMMING
- Child Watch is available to all Individual Parent and Family Memberships. More information, including hours, can be found here.
- Youth Sports and outreach and community programs will be suspended until further notice.
POOLS AND OTHER AQUATIC SPACES
- Aquatic exercise classes still require advanced registration.
- Members must take a warm, soapy shower before entering pool area.
- The sauna will be reopening soon.
The Canandaigua Family YMCA is committed to maintaining a clean and safe environment utilizing products that meet EPA’s criteria. We have increased our already rigorous cleaning practices to include:
- Facility will be entirely cleaned and disinfected prior to opening and after closing each day.
- All staff will be trained in regards to how they can reduce the spread of COVID-19.
- All equipment will be cleaned throughout the day and before opening and after closing.
- This is in addition to members cleaning equipment before and after use, and Group Exercise instructors cleaning equipment.
- Enhanced cleaning protocol will focus on high-traffic, high-touch common areas.
- We will increase ventilation rates and increase the percentage of clean outdoor air that circulates.
Specifications of cleaning product names and details are available upon request.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
Our reopening can and will be successful with members and Y staff working together. In fact, we have created a new Community Conscious Member Pledge. In it, we are asking all members to behave in a responsible way by adhering to the following:
- If you are sick, stay home. If you have a temperature, stay home. If someone in your house is sick, stay home. If you have allergies and can’t control sneezing, stay home.
- Wipe down each piece of equipment you use before and after use and dispose of the wipe appropriately.
- Wash your hands with soap and water before and after you leave the building. If not possible, use hand sanitizer when you enter and before you leave the building.
- Use online and outdoor workout services where you can.
- Speak in a respectful tone while discussing social distancing or other concerns.
If members are not compliant with the new policies and protocols, they will be asked to leave the facility.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU
If you have any questions, please Contact Us.
We are continuing to evaluate our practices and will make necessary changes to ensure safety for everyone. We look forward to learning and growing with you as we navigate this new world. We hope to see you at the Y soon.