Code of Conduct
The Canandaigua Family YMCA is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all members, guests and staff. The Canandaigua Family YMCA expects members, guests and staff to act maturely, behave responsibly, and respect the rights and dignity of others. Behavior such as the use of foul language, dangerous play, fighting, bullying or intimidation, promiscuous activity, or any act inconsistent with a family atmosphere will not be tolerated and may result in termination of your membership. Members will be held responsible for their guests. For the safety and privacy of members, guests and staff, the use of cameras, video or picture capturing devices are prohibited. The code of conduct outlines prohibited behaviors and actions. The list below is not an inclusive list of behaviors and actions considered inappropriate in the YMCA facility or its’ programs. Your compliance is appreciated.
- Use of tobacco, alcohol or illegal drugs
- Carrying or concealing any weapons or instruments that may be used as weapons
- Any behavior which intends to, or results in theft or destruction of property
- Engaging in intimate behavior or sexual activity of any sort is strictly prohibited
- Appropriate attire for a family environment is required
- Promoting any business, activity or event without written permission from the YMCA is strictly prohibited. No solicitation.
- Disregard for YMCA property, policies or procedures
- Cell phone usage is restricted in the Locker Rooms, Bathrooms and Childcare areas
- Limited use of cell phones applies in other program areas
The Canandaigua Family YMCA monitors the Sex Offender Registry. Persons on the registry will not be eligible for YMCA membership, program participation or employment. The Canandaigua YMCA has a zero tolerance Child Abuse Policy.
Thank you for choosing to be part of our YMCA community.